- Monitor the frequency to see if someone is using it.
- If the frequency is clear, key up the repeater announce
that you are going to access the autopatch and give your call sign. If
the repeater Id's when unkey, wait for it to finish.
- Press the PTT dial the 7 digit number followed by the ( * )
key, release the PTT. You should here the repeater respond "dialing
- To end the call press the PTT, then press the ( # ) key and
release the PTT. You should hear the repeater respond "call complete".
- Key the repeater, announce that you are clear of the
autopatch and give your call sign.
Note: The autopatch has a 5
minute time out timer. In about 4.5 minutes
you start hearing an announcement your time is about up. You should
wrap up your call up before the repeater disconnects you.